Holy Family Child Care & Development Center, Inc. was established to provide high quality early care and education in a nurturing environment that enables each child to grow in body, mind and spirit.
Holy Family Child Care & Development Center is seeking an Executive Director to lead this ministry team by managing the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of the Center.
Successful candidates will have the desire and ability to work effectively with the community of young children and their families in the Wheeling, WV area, with all licensing agencies, donors, and collaborative partners. A commitment to the vision, mission and values of the organization and demonstrated experience in center-based early care and education are required.
Holy Family offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package, and is an equal opportunity employer.
More About the Position
Holy Family Child Care & Development Center
Holy Family Child Care & Development Center, Inc. was established in 1984 to provide early care and education to young children and their families. Holy Family provides loving care and education using only developmentally appropriate practices to prepare children for success in school and in life by supporting them, their teachers, and their families. Holy Family maintains a highly caring and professional environment. These outcomes are achieved by the direct result of the combined efforts of the executive director, administrative, teaching and support staff members living out our service according to our mission and values.
The Executive Director demonstrates leadership in the achievement of the mission of Holy Family; manages the overall and day-to-day administrative, operational and financial activities of Holy Family; and implements board-approved startegic plans, goals, objectives, and policies. The Executive Director is directly responsible to the Holy Family Board of Directors.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring Adherence to the Mission and Values of Holy Family
- Program and Operational Leadership and Oversight
- Fiscal Oversight and Responsibility
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Personnel and Facility Management and Oversight
- Meets all applicable personnel qualifications under WV child care licensing requirements;
- An associate degree in early care and education or;
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field with 12 credit hours in early childhood development or early childhood education and 90 practicum contact hours in the field of early childhood or;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and a total of two years of relevant work experience or;
- A degree in a business, management or administration field with 12 credit hours in early childhood development or early childhood education and 300 hours of work experience with young children.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the organization;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills;
- Effective public relations, oral, and written communcations skills;
- Ability to work effectively with local/state governmental personnel as well as other partners and constituents;
- Financial management, marketing, program development, and personnel management skills;
- Demonstrated community involvement and leadership skills;
- Skill in the use of computers and commonly used office software;
- For safety reasons, may need to pick up student and physically move them, 50 lbs is the maximum weight we expect the Executive Director would need to move.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Holy Family is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than November 12, 2021, or until filled, to: