Holy Family Child Care and Development Center is a sponsored ministry of the Congregation of St. Joseph. The Congregation sponsors ministries as a means to express and extend their 360 year old mission in today’s world. To this end, the Congregation’s sponsored ministries, and those who lead them, carefully attend to being faithful to this mission of active, inclusive, unifying love.
The Core Qualities of CSJ sponsored ministries embody the heart of the CSJ mission and Generous Promises, and are the distinguishing marks of a ministry sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph. All CSJ sponsored ministries are responsible and accountable for embodying these Core Qualities.
The sponsored ministries of the Congregation of St. Joseph embody these core qualities which unite and distinguish them as furthering the CSJ mission.
CSJ Sponsored Ministries:
- Take leadership in changing societal systems that cause injustice, oppression, poverty, and degradation of Earth, with special attention to those who are made poor by unjust systems;
- Ensure the inclusion, in all aspects of the ministry, of those who are typically excluded, underrepresented or undervalued;
- Empower those who serve in our ministries, and those being served, through identifying and building on their strengths, and the effective use of their voice.
To be sponsored by the Congregation of St. Joseph, a ministry…
- Articulates clearly and visibly expresses the CSJ mission and key elements of the Generous Promises in concrete ways (i.e. collaboration in systemic change which feeds the hungers of the world; networking to shift to a culture of inclusivity and mutuality; revealing communion with God and all creation; promoting responsibility and accountability for leadership);
- Responds to an identified need, consistent with the mission of the congregation;
- Models organizational integrity, unfailing respect for the sacredness of all creation, and a commitment to excellence;
- Retains a purpose beyond the initiative of a particular individual or group;
- Develops a realistic budget and is accountable to it;
- Demonstrates the ability to sustain the ecological, human and financial resources to carry out its mission;
- Engages all primary groups of the ministry – directors, boards, staff, volunteers – in orientation and ongoing education regarding the CSJ mission, vision and philosophy;
- Operates in keeping with appropriate legal and canonical structures, licensing requirements and Congregational bylaws.
Ways You Can Help
There are several ways you can help Holy Family Child Care and our children. Learn more about ways to donate or volunteer.
Holy Family relies on community partners and sponsorships to help provide excellent child care coverage. With these monetary donations and sponsorships, we are able to offer our service to all families in the Ohio Valley.
Holy Family Child Care and Development Center holds several fundraising events throughout the year. These fundraisers helps us fund our child care and early education programs.
We are always looking to upgrade for our children. We are supported by grants, fundraisers, and sponsorships. We also rely on donations and help from our community. Check out our current wishlist for items at Holy Family.